School-Based Services

Independent Evaluations for Local School Districts (IEE)

A family can request an “IEE” for their child from the local school district when they need an unbiased assessments for their child.  IEE’s are paid by the school district and easy to obtain just by requesting one from the IEP team.  IEE’s results are then used as a part of the IEP process to help design and develop an appropriate school program, level of therapy services and more. Our director, Kara Dodds M.S., CCC-SLP personally conducts these assessments and also attends the IEP meetings for presentation of results.  Contact us today for more information on how to request an IEE for your child.

Read our Rave Reviews

❤ AMY ABSOLUTELY LOVES GOING TO SPEECH EVERY WEEK! That makes me so happy as a mother to know that my baby girl is happy at Kara Dodds & Associates, Inc.


News, Media and Blogs

Strength and Power Training for Children with Poor Coordination!

By Veronica Glen, PT, DPT (

When Physical Therapists see a clumsy or uncoordinated child, one of the first thoughts we think is “That kid can use some balance training!” or “They could benefit from functional activity practice!” What current evidence based research is finding is that strength and power training can be just as helpful if not MORE helpful than functional movement training!

Read more ...