A trusted hub for your family
Kara Dodds & Associates is a specialized pediatric therapy center, offering speech, occupational and physical therapy services. We serve children from infants to adolescents and are considered an early intervention specialist in autism treatment and understand that children benefit from a variety of therapy methods and approaches.
Our team focuses on a child’s needs using a play based approach in a one-to-one setting, or in small groups creating a systematic, structured, effective teaching approach.
Dynamic Therapy Services and Programs
Our administrative, management and clinical team are available to provide support through:
- Assessment and Treatment Plan Development
- Speech, Occupational, or Physical Therapy screenings
- Family in-service Training and Consultation
- Classroom and IEP Consultations
- On Site Therapy Intervention
- Picture Exchange Communication System (PECS): Visual communication system to support initiation and communication by exchanging a visual icon for wants/needs.
- Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets (PROMPT): Tactile-kinesthic method that uses touch cures to guide articulators through words and phrases.
- Kaufman Program: Apraxia treatment that teaches children the easiest way to say words until they have increased oral-speech coordination.
- Hanen Programs: It Takes Two to Talk and More Than Words programs that teach techniques for transitioning, requesting, understanding and shaping echolalic speech patterns.
- Talk Tools: Muscle-based oral motor program designed to promote speech and improve oral motor (e.g. lips, jaw) through using oral motor tools to improve verbal output, feeding, and speech production skills.
- Social Thinking: Developed by Michelle Garcia Winner, this program target social skills with techniques based on the ILAUGH model.
- Social Stories: Developed by Carol Gray, this method uses visuals and individualized stories written by clinicians to teach social skills, social expectations, and behavioral modification strategies.